We are deeply committed to advancing our understanding of human genomics and harnessing this knowledge to improve health and well-being through precision medicine.
The Center for Human Genomics and Precision Medicine became operational in 2018. Our mission is to catalyze research, clinical, and educational activities in human genomics and precision medicine; grow and nurture the UW human genomics and precision medicine community; and bring the benefits of precision medicine to all Wisconsinites.
We carry out our mission by:
- Supporting bench to bedside research through collaborations, grants, and flagship projects
- Implementing collaborative clinical initiatives in precision medicine
- Strengthening research and clinical infrastructure
- Recruiting faculty and specialists involved in human genomics and precision medicine
- Educating the next generation of scientists and clinicians
- Providing outreach and education to our local community and the state of Wisconsin
- Connecting UW and Wisconsin to the global genomic medicine community